Semen of nearly all species can be successfully frozen in semen straws for extended storage and preservation. Anshu offers a complete line of products including semen straws, automatic, semi-automatic and manual straw filling and sealing machines, straw printers, cooling cabinets, semen freezers, liquid nitrogen storage containers and all necessary accessories and consumables.
For information regarding freezing extenders, please refer to the respective species section.
1. Semen Straws
2. Straw Fillers, Sealers and Printers
3. Cold Handling Cabinets
4. Cryo Storage
5. Cold Handling Cabinets
6. Equipment for ET Lab
Semen freezing or sperm Cryopreservation is a delicate but scientific method, which requires maximum care and patience.
1. Initial process of semen freezing is to find a reputed sperm bank to your nearby area.
2. After that one needs to get tested for infectious diseases such as STD, HIV, HCV (for Hepatitis C), RPR (for Syphilis), which can affect sperm health.
3. Once you are tested fit for semen freezing, semen sample is collected and sent to Laboratory.
4. The collected sample is combined with special solution, which helps the sperm during freezing. After that the solution mixed sperm is placed in plastic vials and frozen in liquid nitrogen vapor. Once it gets the frozen state, the plastic vials are immersed in liquid nitrogen at a temperature of 371 degree Fahrenheit.
5. Each frozen sperm gets their special Cryocode, which is required at the time of collecting the sperm back from the sperm bank.